One year following the enactment of the American Rescue Plan Act by President Joe Biden, municipalities throughout the nation are harnessing the allocated $350 billion from the relief package, specifically intended for state and local administrations, to facilitate diverse enhancements in technology.
The legislation affords considerable flexibility to states, counties, cities, and tribal governments in determining the allocation of these funds. Approximately $195 billion is being accrued by states, while $45 billion is allocated for metropolitan areas, and the remaining portion is designated for counties and various other government divisions.
Modernized IT to Help Agencies Drive Better Citizen Experiences
The increasing popularity of online self-services across banking, shopping, and various domains has cultivated elevated anticipation within government bodies and educational institutions to modernize their systems to meet citizen demands. The public now demands comparable user-friendly interfaces and streamlined procedures akin to those encountered in private enterprises, extending these expectations to public-sector services. Meeting these demands frequently entails a reevaluation of your foundational systems. The allocation of ARPA funds presents a chance to initiate the modernization process, enhancing your readiness to confront forthcoming challenges more effectively.
The Changing Workforce and Remote Working
At the onset of the COVID-19 pandemic, only a few governmental bodies or educational institutions were adequately prepared for remote operations. This challenge remains prevalent within many state and local governments to this day. However, the utilization of ARPA funding offers a direct solution to this predicament. This funding avenue enables state and local administrations to allocate resources to bolster remote work solutions like teleconferencing applications, digital form systems, electronic content management frameworks, and automation tools. By establishing a digital infrastructure, you empower your workforce to function seamlessly from any location. This capability holds the potential to curtail service disruptions, enhance response times, and optimize your operational budget.
Attain Improved Efficiencies via Predictive Analytics and Enhancements in Business Processes
By harnessing data as a valuable strategic resource, public-sector entities can seamlessly integrate, consolidate, synthesize, and harmonize diverse data from various systems. This facilitates informed decision-making across tactical and strategic domains. In our post-pandemic hybrid work landscape, where service excellence takes center stage, business process management (BPM) solutions offer extensive functionalities for orchestrating strategic process evolution and reimagining user interactions, aligning perfectly with the demands of this evolving environment. .
Streamline Data and Document Access
Converting paper records into easily searchable digital documents and integrating them with your existing electronic content significantly enhances many operational processes. Once the conversion of your archives is complete, you can repurpose the space that was previously reserved for physical document storage. Moreover, transitioning your digital content to a Cloud-based electronic content management (ECM) platform offers added benefits. These include enhanced security, simplified compliance, and fortified disaster recovery capabilities.
About the Initiatives and The Road Ahead
Amidst ongoing financial pressures heightened by theCOVID-19 pandemic, public sector entities have a unique opportunity through the American Rescue Plan Act (ARPA) to allocate resources towards legacy system modernization and innovative and transformative cloud technologies at the state and local levels.
With an allocation exceeding $350B in federal funding to states and localities, now is the time to accelerate modernization and ensure security to enable a superior citizen experience.
Spending some of your ARPA funding to improve your IT infrastructure and technology offerings can deliver the following benefits:
- Leveraging Technology to Minimize Infection Risk – Transitioning formerly in-person processes onto self-service online platforms or applications encourages social distancing and facilitates secure service requests for vulnerable individuals.
- Automation Addresses Heightened Demand for Government Services – Integrating increased automation alleviates the workload on government personnel and school staff, while also expediting service delivery.
- Enhanced Decision-Making through Data Utilization – Business intelligence tools can elucidate data, aiding institutions in monitoring infection rates, mitigating risk factors, and identifying underserved demographics and regions.
- Broadened Access for Underserved Communities via Digital Infrastructure – Providing services and enabling record requests through secure online channels enhances accessibility for individuals who confront obstacles like limited transportation or unconventional work hours that hinder in-person service acquisition.
- Elevating Continuity and Trust through Digital Transformation – Modernizing your educational institution or government agency with digital technologies fosters seamless operation during unforeseen crises. Maintaining community engagement and online services can be challenging in a remote work environment, yet digital advancements enable adaptable responses regardless of the circumstances.
Funds MUST be obligated by December 31, 2024, and expended by December 31, 2026
Empower Your Organization Now
At Hartman Executive Advisors, we understand the complexities and demands that public-sector entities face. Our expertise lies in harnessing these resources to drive impactful transformation. With a keen focus on legacy modernization, technology integration, and enhanced citizen experiences, our team is poised to guide you through a journey of technological advancement that aligns with your unique needs.
Contact us today to explore how our tailored strategies can help you leverage federal funding to achieve modernization, elevate your service delivery, and ensure your institution is equipped to thrive in the ever-evolving landscape of public service. Your path to innovation starts with Hartman Executive Advisors.